There’s still plenty of time left this summer to get a first-hand view of our Florida swamps and rivers. You won’t need much, but we do recommend a few essential items to make the most of your airboat ride. Read below for our short guide on preparing for your Peace River Charter.
Dressing for Your Airboat Tour
Here’s what we suggest for an enjoyable ride.
- Comfortable clothing: The great news is you do not need to dress to impress! We want you to be comfortable on your tour. Wear cool, loose, and practical clothing. T-shirts, shorts, long-sleeve fishing shirts, and quick-dry apparel are perfect. Florida weather is unpredictable and our state is famous for random rain showers. While they are often short, it’s a good idea to have a poncho or rain jacket.
- Sunglasses: With so much wildlife to observe, who wants to be blinded by the Florida sun? Wearing shades is a must. Polarized glasses are even better as they offer the best visibility.
- Hats and hair ties: One thing you’ll notice immediately is the amount of wind. Make sure your hair is secured by hair ties, clips, and hats to keep your locks from tangling and your vision unobstructed.
Don’t Forget These Essentials
Of course, almost any adventure in Florida calls for these basics.
- Sunscreen. The Florida sun can be extreme. Pack a strong sunscreen or even a breathable fishing shirt to protect your skin from the powerful rays.
- Bug spray. Florida insects are a force to be reckoned with. You’ll be glad you brought repellent!
- Water. Staying hydrated is of utmost importance. Pack a bottle of water for each person in your group!
Other Items to Consider
There’s little doubt you’ll want to snap photos to share with your family and friends. Bring a camera or at least your phone to capture all your wildlife memories. While we get as close as we can to nature, bringing binoculars will allow you to increase your visibility of our unique surroundings.
Get Ready for Fun
By putting a little time into preparation we know you’ll have a great time on your Airboat Tour. Plan your trip today! We’re located in DeSoto County, just a short drive from Sarasota, Venice, North Port, and Myakka City. Reserve your airboat tour today.